What Personal Information We Collect
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (“Personal Information”). We collect Personal Information when you voluntarily provide it through our Services, or when you provide it to us through other means. For example, we may collect Personal Information when you:
- Contact us through email, telephone, mail; or other correspondence;
- Register for or request a service we provide or which we make available to you through our Services;
- Create an account on the services, which may include your name, address, email, phone number, date of birth, location, business, occupation, budget, photo, payment information, and government ID;
- Register or associate an account on our Services using Google, LinkedIn, or other third party accounts
- Fill out questionnaires or surveys found on our Services or which are sent to you;
- Submit information about your qualifications, credentials, skills, or expertise;
- Allow us access to your calendar or address book;
- Submit searches through our Services;
- Register to receive our newsletter.
The Personal Information we may collect will depend on the service you request, and may include:
- your full name;
- contact information, such as your address, telephone number, or email address;
- your business contact information;
- your date of birth;
- your photo;
- your payment and banking information, including credit card information and billing address;
- government identification information;
- information about your education, skills, credentials, qualifications;
- information about your occupation;
- information about your business;
- information about the commercial real estate you lease;
- information about your desired commercial real estate;
- your personal or business contacts;
- your preferences;
- your location;
- and any other Personal Information that you choose to submit to us.
If you register or associate an account using your Google or LinkedIn accounts, you consent to us accessing and collecting certain information from your Google or LinkedIn accounts, including your profile photo, email address, birthday, education history, and work history. When you transact or communicate with us or other users we collect certain information. This information may include:
- information about how, when, and where you use our Services;
- the settings you use on our Services
We also collect information about you from other sources. We may obtain this information from sources such as:
- our business partners;
- third party service providers;
- other users of the services;
- banking or other financial services providers;
- insurance providers; and
- publicly available sources.
Other users of our Services may provide us with feedback about you. We collect and process this information to improve our Services.
Depending on how you use our Services, we may also collect your geolocation information using your IP address. Note, however, that if you decline to consent to the collection of your geolocation, you may not be able to access our full Services. We collect geolocation information to help generate default search terms and produce relevant search results. Also, you should be aware that even if you decline to the collection of your geolocation information, our Services may still be able to approximate your location through other information you provide us and information provided to us by other users.
How We Collect Information Through Technological Means
When you use our Services, we may collect information that is automatically sent to us by your web browser or your device which runs our applications. This information may include your domain name, and your numerical IP address. We may also collect other information, such as the type of browser you use, which pages you view, and the files you request. Additionally, we may also collect other technical and system log information from you, such as:
- the hardware you use to interact with our Services;
- operating system and version information;
- software you use;
- mobile network information;
- pages you view on our Services;
- your unique device identifier;
- your system activity;
- software debug and crash information; and
- websites or services you visited before using our Services.
We use this information to improve our understanding of how users use our Services and to improve our Services. The amount of information that is sent to us by technological means depends on your browser or device and settings you use. Please refer to the instructions provided by your browser or device if you want to learn more about what information it sends to Services you use, or how you may change or restrict this.
- to improve functionality and performance of our Services, including tailoring our Services to increase relevancy of content displayed to you;
- to provide you with services;
- to facilitate your transactions on the Services;
- to authenticate users of our Services;
- to provide us with insights on how users use our Services and other analytics, such as traffic on our Services;
- to remember your settings and preferences;
- to deliver relevant advertisements to you based on your interests, preferences, search terms, and activities. Cookies also help to avoid delivering the same advertisements to you too many times and measure the usefulness of advertisements you have been delivered. Information gathered by Cookies may be shared with third parties, including advertisers. This means that sometimes you’ll see our Services advertised elsewhere on the internet.
How We Use and Disclose Information Collected from You
For example, we may use and disclose information collected from you to:
- deliver our Services to you;
- register your account on the services;
- verify and authenticate your account information
- supply you with requested products or services;
- send you informational, administrative, or promotional communications;
- communicate with you and to enable other users and our third party business partners and vertisers (which may include real estate professionals) to communicate with you; respond to your inquiries;
- match you with other users of the Services;
- help other users locate you and vice versa;
- facilitate your transactions with other users of the Services, including payments;
- provide you with customer support;
- increase the security and safety of our Services and users;
- carry out promotions and contents;
- serve you relevant advertisements and content;
- identify and verify your business or other information to collect and disburse payments;
- perform analytics on our Services;
- carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent;
- carry out any other purpose permitted or as required by law.
From time to time, we will run advertisements on the Services which advertise the services of real estate professionals. If you click on any of these advertisements, you will be presented with the option of sharing your account profile information with the real estate professional associated with the advertisement. If you approve such disclosure, we will share your account profile information with that real estate professional. We provide this service as a convenience for you.
We also combine, analyze, process, and store information we collect from you for the purposes of facilitating and improving our Services. We may transfer information we collect from you to third party service providers that assist us with carrying out any of these purposes. We may also disclose this processed information, in an anonymized form, to our third party business partners.
Additionally, we combine, analyze, process, and store information we collect from your search terms on the Services and also from questionnaires and surveys you complete. We use this information to gather market intelligence and may share such information in an anonymized form with our advertisers and other third party business partners.
Some of the information we collect from you may be shared with third party advertisers.
Some or all of the information we collect may be stored or processed in jurisdictions outside of Canada. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to laws in those jurisdictions.
We reserve the right to transfer Personal Information in the event that we merge with or are acquired by a third party, or as part of the negotiations leading up to such merger or acquisition. We also may disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose permitted by law or to which you consent.
How We Protect Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We protect your Personal Information by maintaining physical, organizational and technological safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of such Personal Information. Personal Information may only be accessed by persons within our organization who require such access to provide you with the services indicated above.
We retain Personal Information that we collect only as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to meet legal requirements. We destroy Personal Information when it is no longer needed.
Third Party Collection of Information
Access and Rectification
You have a right to access to your Personal Information and to request a correction to it if you believe it is inaccurate. If you have submitted Personal Information and would like to have access to it, or if you would like to have it corrected, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
How to Contact Us